As humans have evolved, so has the technology; humans have made tremendous progress in technological advancement and bringing new technology with every passing day. There are many pathbreaking science technologies that made waves in the world like Artificial Intelligence, blockchain, IOT. But there is one technology that is giving a magic touch to everything, is Augmented Reality – future Technology.
Through this article, I will try to give information on Augmented Reality, its usage, purpose, and advantages. Many times people confuse virtual reality with augmented reality. But its different so I will tell you the difference between them.
Augmented reality is an interactive experience, which has become the integral part of many industries and can see the glimpse of it in App, news channels, Sports broadcasting, social App, and retail commerce App. Everyday companies are coming up with products and trying to showcase it through augmented reality.
So lets begin with question you may have in your mind about Augmented reality.
AUGMENTED REALITY – FUTURE TECHNOLOGY
- What is Augmented Reality?
- How Augmented reality works?
- What is Augmented reality used for?
- Difference between Augmented Reality & Virtual Reality
- Example of Augmented reality
- Advantages of augmented reality
- Disadvantages of augmented reality
What is Augmented Reality – Future Technology
Augmented reality is the interactive experience display of the real world, in which we/user see the objects/elements enhanced by computer programming input. It can be visual, haptic (Ability to grasp something), olfactory (Perception of smell), auditory. Augmented reality is a program that consists of the three features, which makes it what it is,
A combination of real & virtual world, real-time interaction, and accurate 3D formation of real or virtual elements. The experience of augmented reality is such that you believe it as a real environment. Thus augmented reality alters our perception of the real world. Augmented reality is also called Mixed reality.
The primary value of Augmented reality is how it blends digital components with our perception of the real environment, not through the data but immersive sensation, which perceived as a natural part of our existing environment.
Just to give you an example – If you use the Ikea app, equipped with augmented reality, you can see and check how furniture will look in your place, you can have a 360-degree view and decide whether its a right one to fit in your home.
How Augmented reality works?
As you know, Augmented reality is a program that understands, what is there around the user? From the content of camera feed, this makes it shows the relevant digital content, realistic way; as a result, it looks like the part of our real world.
Technological elements of Augmented reality and its work –
- Hardware – Modern instruments Computer Tablet and Mobile with Camera & MEMS – state compass, GPS & Accelerometer.
- Display – Optical Projection System, Monitors, handheld devices.
- Eyeglasses – The augmented display can be provided on devices like eyeglasses.
- HUD (A Head-up Display) – It’s a transparent display which doesn’t require the user to look away from their current view.
- Contact Lenses – contact lenses imaging is under development, once its developed, the user will able to do Augmented reality just by the blink of an eye.
- Virtual Retinal Display – under development. the display scanned through the retina (eye) of the user.
- Eye Tap – Known as generation 2 glass, captures rays of light and substitutes computer-controlled light.
- Handheld – Handheld display
- Spatial (Spatial augmented reality) – It enhance (augments) objects/scene.
- Tracking – Motion tracking technology
- Networking – Networking through all the devices
- Input Devices – Techniques like Speech recognition
- Computer –
- Projector –
- Software and Algorithms –
What is Augmented reality used for?
Augmented reality used and explored in many industries, right from, gaming, education, sports broadcasting, medicine etc. below mentioned are the prominent industry which are using the technology.
- Urban Design & Planning
- Industrial Manufacturing
- STEM Education
- Visual Art
- Apps like Snapchat
- Tourism & Sightseeing
- Broadcast & live events
- Flight Training
- Healthcare – Training & Education
- Industrial Design
- Video Games
- Social Interaction
- Emergency Management
- Remote Collaboration
Difference between Augmented Reality & Virtual Reality
- Augmented reality adds digital elements in the real world, whereas Virtual reality takes you to a different world altogether, which makes you shut out from the physical world.
- Virtual reality headset completely takes your vision to give you a feel, that you are in an indifferent world, whereas Augmented reality makes you believe that changes are made in your real-world, by augmenting things or scenes.
- In virtual reality, you can replace everything around you; In Augmented reality, you can enhance the things around you.
- Augmented reality is a part of the surrounding environment, which just ads some virtual layer; on the other hand, Virtual reality surrounding the world is entirely virtual.
- You can view virtual reality through apps like Google Cardboard, and to have a feel of Augmented reality; you can use an app like Pokemon Go.
Example of Augmented reality – Future Technology
- Ikea Place mobile app
- Loreal makeup app
- Weather effects on News channel
- Pokemon Go App
- Toyota – Vehicle Demo AR
- Delux paint visualizer
- Sephora Virtual artist
Advantages of augmented reality
- It can bring a massive change in the retail industry; people will be able to try things like clothes, shoes, specs without wearing it.
- It can be a game-changer in the education and training industry.
- For many things to buy, you don’t have to go outside, and you can check something on your own at your place.
- Augmented reality can show the progress of construction building, and project managers can monitor change on a real-time basis.
- It can be a considerable advantage for Tourism and sightseeing, as it can help translate signage, navigate a route, and can give information about tourist places.
Disadvantages of augmented reality
- Expensive to use can be difficult for small businesses or a common man.
- Privacy concern issue
- Many violent games can bring psychological problems.
So I hope you got the information on AUGMENTED REALITY – FUTURE TECHNOLOGY. Do share the article link with your friends if you like it. and comments below if you have any feedback/suggestions.